How To Best Maintain Your Bathroom TilePost by TAC Design on 06/15/2017 to
Bathroom tile can be difficult to maintain since your counter, shower, and floor are all at risk for excess moisture. However, with the right cleaning and attention, your tile bathroom countertop and other features can stay in top condition for years to come. Just be sure to follow these maintenance best practices.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals: Cleaners with high chemical concentrates can wear down your tile’s grout, causing it to crack. Mold and mildew can then grow in these spaces. Opt for a more gentle or specialized tile cleaner to avoid this risk.
- Apply Sealer Regularly: By sealing your tiles regularly, you can prevent wear and tear as much as possible. This is especially true for shower wall tiles and your tile bathroom countertop, as these experience the most use.
- Buy A Squeegee: Moisture is the biggest threat to your grout, especially if you have shower floor tile installed. If you don’t already own this nifty tool, now is the time to purchase one. Use a towel and then a squeegee to push away moisture and mildew buildup with ease.
- Watch For Mold: Mold growth is one of the biggest bathroom pests,
as it spreads quickly and can be harmful. If you spot mold, apply a grout cleaner and scrub the area with a brush. Alternatively, if you think that the mold is getting out of control, consider hiring a professional cleaning service.
- Know When To Order Replacements: Cleaning and maintaining your tile and grout can only go so far. Eventually, your bathroom wall tile and other tile features will need to be replaced. If you are replacing your tile often, you should consider purchasing a more durable material.
In a recent Houzz survey, 60% of homeowners said that they plan to remodel their master bathroom. Bathrooms are high traffic areas that reflect the quality of a home, so it usually pays to invest in them. If bathroom ceramic tiles are part of this investment, be sure to follow the manufacturers advice for cleaning and maintenance. When in doubt, do not hesitate to hire professional cleaning services. This will give you a clean slate to perfect your bathroom maintenance technique.